Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Can I Go In The Water Yet?!?!?!

Summer is so close I can taste it! I have gotten back to work on my beverage cart at the golf course which means the season has begun! It's only a matter of time before I am wearing shorts and on my way to the beach!

Last summer we found out that at the Navy Base you can rent powerboats and sailboats! You have to take their training course before they let you take a boat out. We went with a friend who already took and passed this course so we were able to have some fun out on the water!

For the powerboat, which is what we took, is $10 and hour (doesn't include fuel), $40 for half day (includes 1 full tank), and $80 for a full day (includes 2 tanks of gas) They aren't the nicest boats around thats for sure and they aren't the type of boats you can wakeboard off the back but for a day on the water you can't beat the price!

I know absolutely nothing about sailing, but the rental place on base has 2 different types of sailboats. One is called Rhodes and that is $9.50 an hour or $46 for a full day. The other one is called Shields, this is $16 and hour and $90 a day. Based on prices I'm gonna take an educated guess and say that Shields is the better choice.

If you are not in the military don't fret! Of course I have looked up places to rent outside of the base. There is a place right in Newport called Adventure Watersports. They have boats, jet skis and kayaks for rent. I am not going to write about all the prices and types of boats but I will tell you they have 3 different types of powerboats, 2 different jet skis and single or double kayaks. I will show you the pictures from their website! I love pictures :) Here is their website so you can go check it out when the temperatures start to get up there again!

http://newportriwatersports.com/blog/rentals/

3 Seater Jet Ski
2 Seater Jet Ski
 21 Angler, 135hp 

 14 McKee Craft
13 Boston Whaler 
 Single or Double Kayaks                                                       

1 comment: